• An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
• A source of leucine, an essential amino acid
• Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
Detox Antiox™ synergistically combines an extensive array of nutrients that combat free radicals and help support the detoxification of chemicals and heavy metals.
Unique Features of Detox Antiox™:
- Lipoic Acid regenerates vitamins E and C in this formula so they can have long-acting antioxidant activity. It also provides SH (sulfhydryl groups) that protect against metal toxicity, including iron and copper.
- Vitamin E protects cell membranes from oxidative destruction and retards the breakdown of cell membranes. Literature shows that vitamin E can reduce the toxic effects of mercury. Vitamin E also reduces chromosomal breakage and has sulfhydryl-protective abilities.
- Selenium helps make glutathione enzymes needed for liver detoxification of harmful chemicals. This is the primary nutrient for binding mercury to allow for its excretion. Selenium also enhances the antioxidant abilities of vitamin E.
- The zinc and selenium are bound to methionine, which aids the synthesis of metallothionine - the important zinc binding protein, known to aid in the removal of heavy metals such as cadmium. Methionine is a sulfur-containing amino acid involved in phase II detoxification.
- Polyphenols from grape seed extract and green tea have been shown to protect against iron and copper toxicity by chelating them.
- Mice given NAC while being exposed to mercury excreted approximately 50% into the urine while control animals excreted only 4-10% over 48 hours.
Biotin: 75 mcg
Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis-Leaf) (98% Polyphenols, 45% Epigallocatechin 3-gallate, 20:1): 25 mg
Turmeric (Curcuma longa-Root) (95% Curcuminoids): 25 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid: 45 mg
Leucine: 75 mg
N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC): 125 mg
Manganese (Manganese bisglycinate): 1.5 mg
Tocopherols (Mixed tocopherols): 52.5 mg
Molybdenum (Molybdenum bisglycinate): 50 mcg
Selenium (Selenomethionine): 50 mcg
Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid): 250 mg
Vitamin E (d-alpha Tocopherol): 2.7 mg AT (4 IU)
Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera-Seed) (95% Oligomeric proanthocyanidins, 50:1): 25 mg
Zinc (Zinc bisglycinate): 7.5 mg
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, silicon dioxide.
Gluten Free. Non GMO.
Adults: Take two capsules per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 12 weeks.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have diabetes, cardiovascular disease, iron deficiency, cancer, liver disorder or develop symptoms of liver trouble, or if you are taking blood thinners.