DGL Synergy™ is a fast-acting, chewable formula of deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), which offers support for the gastric mucosa. It contains a standardized high-quality form of DGL, the amino acid glycine, and calcium in the form of calcium glycerophosphate.
- Helps to relieve inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Helps to relieve abdominal pain and burning sensation in the stomach
- Great licorice flavour
- Fast acting chewable tablet
- Fructose-free and sugar-free; sweetened with the polyols xylitol and mannitol, and the plant extract luo han guo
Calcium (Calcium glycerophosphate): 50 mg
DGL (Deglycyrrhizinated licorice, Glycyrrhiza glabra-Root) (1.004:1): 250 mg
Glycine (Aminoacetic acid): 100 mg
Xylitol, d-mannitol, cellulose, magnesium stearate, Siraitia grosvenorii (Luo han guo ) fruit extract. Gluten Free. Non GMO.
Recommended Dose: Adults: Take 1 tablet 3 times per day. Chew between meals or 20 minutes before meals. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
Risk Information: Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
About the Ingredients
DGL (Glycyrrhiza glabra) root extract – Well-recognized for its anti-ulcer, anti-inflammatory, and healing effects upon the gastric mucosa. Licorice is a mucilaginous herb that coats and soothes inflamed gastric and intestinal tissue. With its very low glycyrrhizin content, DGL works efficaciously without some of the potential side effects of prolonged high-dose full spectrum licorice, including hypertension, hypokalemia (low blood potassium levels) and fluid retention. DGL is also potent for attenuating H. pylori, an organism which, when overgrown, is associated with gastritis, ulcers and tumorigenesis.
- Aids in healing of gastric ulcers and reduces aspirin-induced damage to gastric tissue
- Promotes secretion of protective gastric mucus and may prolong the lifespan of mucus-producing cells4
- Effective for aphthous ulcers (mouth sores, canker sores) and inflamed oral tissue
- Reduces proliferation of ulcer-inducing H. pylori
Glycine – Conditionally essential amino acid required for synthesis of bile acids; may help in proper digestion of dietary fats
Calcium Glycerophosphate – Included in this product for its acid-reducing properties in the gut